Friday 11 December 2009

The Trip to Banff in Second Life on November 30th

Before I started the mission in Second Life, I already attracted by the mountain and river in Banff through the video on YouTube. Banff is an impressive and breathtaking place for me. I hope that I can visit this incredible place once in my life in the future.

During the mission, Jason introduced us some vocabulary which seldom be used in our traditional formal classes in Taiwan. That’s what I want because some words in the textbook are not very useful in our daily lives. Fortunately, Jason was a good facilitator that helped us to think widely and plan thoroughly. For example, as a foreigner, I was not familiar with skiing but I did want to try it out. Jason introduced two different skiing for us and explained them in detail which were very useful for us to have a general idea of skiing. I think these concepts and ideas will be very useful in the future if we have the chances to go abroad.

I do like to discuss different topics with the facilitator and other participants because it can not only enlighten me to think more but also help me to practice how to speak properly and fluently. In sum, I think cooperative and collaborative learning are good for English learners.

Even though we were not in the real place, we still enjoyed some beautiful paintings in Fosse. The mission was quite interesting but if all the participants’ sound could be heard, that would be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment