Sunday 20 December 2009

Canadian Food in Second Life on December 14th

Different countries have different ways to eat food. If you want to know more about one country, you have to be aware of their food, too. ^^

In mission three, Jason told us that Canada is a multicultural country. Many things were influenced by other cultures. Take food for example, many of them are from French and England. So bread, potatoes and meat are the staple of their meals. One of the most interesting Canadian foods for me is poutine. It was sold by the street vendors in Canada. It looked very yummy. Poutine includes French fries, cheese curd, and gravy. The recipe looked very simple. I think I can do it by my self at home.

Maple syrup is famous in Canada; many people flavored the desserts with maple syrup. For example, pancakes, pies, bread, cookies, ice cream and waffles. I like to eat snacks especially sweets and desserts. I hope that I can eat them, too. Jason also told us how to get the maple syrup from maple trees. It was quite interesting.

In Second Life, there was a good area called “Food.” It provided a variety of ingredients for people to use. There also had a complete set kitchen. When we talked about food there, it made me feel that I was really in the cooking classroom. We also discussed some ways of how to cook Canadian food. I am not good at cooking but I would like to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment